Translate

Friday, September 9, 2016

Christmas in September???




Christmas in September?

I've been adamant over the past few years that Christmas is too commercialized and starts showing up in stores far too early.  I also think we spend far too much time focusing on the "getting" and not enough on the "giving."  So, although I was waiting with baited breath for the Holiday catalog to become available to customers on September 1, I still struggled a bit with showcasing Christmas in September.  That is exactly why my Facebook page has not changed card designs yet this month.  I've been struggling with what to do.

Well, this week I settled on a decision I can live with.  As I was teaching piano lessons and starting my students practicing with their Christmas lesson books, it hit me--I start them in September so they can be practiced up and ready for performance during the Christmas/Advent season, after Thanksgiving.  So, I demonstrate Christmas Stampin' Up products so we can purchase them and create items to be GIVEN and used during the Christmas/Advent season.

I don't know about you, but around here, Christmas is a busy time.  I like to have my creating and gift buying done before Advent starts, so I can focus on the Reason for the Season and celebrate the birth and life of Jesus during the actual Christmas season.  In order for this to happen, I need to have my cards created before Thanksgiving.  So, September seems like a perfect time to start.  Plus, that's a great way to focus on GIVING.  It is a great opportunity to think about others as we are creating cards for them.

So, here's the unofficial plan for the rest of the year:
September--highlight Christmas products on Facebook
                    class will have cards for fall, Christmas, and Christmas/winter
October--highlight Halloween products on Facebook
               class focusing on Halloween and Pastor Appreciation Month
November--highlight fall/Thanks products on Facebook
                  class focusing on Christmas cards
December--focus again on Christmas on Facebook
                  class making Christmas tags early in the month.

I will also be trying to offer online classes for those interested.  Stay tuned for upcoming surprises.  If you are interested in joining me for any of the above, leave a comment.

For those of you who still struggle with Christmas in September, the Holiday catalog also has great products for Halloween and Thanksgiving.  Check them out!

Please follow this blog to be updated as soon as I post.  Feel free to share and comment.
Please be respectful as you leave comments.  Honesty is appreciated, but rudeness or vulgarity will be removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment