Translate

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Global Design Project #59 | Theme Challenge





This is my very first time playing along with a Global Design Project and I had such a good time.
When I first learned about the theme, I started thinking about what I wanted to do.  I have a few animal/pet stamps so it was a matter of narrowing it down and making a choice.  Llamas are talked about a lot around here and not seen all that much.  So, I thought a llama would be perfect.  But, the only llama stamp set I have is Christmas themed from the Holiday catalog.  And, I just couldn't wrap my head around using traditional Christmas colors with a llama.  Besides, at my house llamas and rainbows are frequently discussed together.

Festive Birthday DSP to the rescue.  I found a striped print with a multitude of colors that was the perfect background for the llama.  So, I used that along with Melon Mambo and Elegant Emerald Cardstock to bring the colors together.  Stamped sentiments in Emerald Envy ink and a Christmas tree punch out of Festive Birthday DSP completed the look.

Here it is -- my first ever card for the Global Design Project.


It was so much fun to play along.  To check out the cards made by the design team and other entries in the GDP click on the Global Design Challenge page to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment