Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Global Design Challenge 061 | Color Challenge

I am still having so much fun playing along with the Global Design Project.  This week was a color challenge and I had to wait until the colors were announced to see if I could play along.  I was so excited that I happen to have this week's colors.



It is so much fun for me to spend the time designing a card for this project.   I'm going to let you in on the creative process a little but.  I begin thinking about what I wanted to do as soon as the project was announced.  Somehow, I felt like I wanted to create a card with a frog stamp.  However, I do not have a frog stamp.  So, I started thinking about how to create a frog using the stamps I do have.  Most frogs in real life have more of an organic shape than geometric and would be hard to recreate with the stamps at my disposal.  Then, I remembered a toy frog that my children had made with just circular shapes and suddenly I knew what I had to do.

Swirly Bird stamp set to the rescue once again.  I was able to make what I think is a pretty cute frog out of stamps from the Swirly Bird stamp set.


It was so much fun to put a background stamp, paper layers, and accents in these great colors.  I love playing with the 2016-2018 In Colors and love that this project had us using two of them with black.  


I know that circles with the Bigshot are on my wishlist for my next big order.  That will definitely make life much easier and my circles more precise for cards in the future.  Freehand cutting circles is more time consuming and less precise than I like.  

I had such a good time playing along with #GDP061 this week.  To check out all the entries, please check out Global Design Project here.

Products needed to create this card:
Stamps: Work of Art Clear Stamp Set #134114
              Swirly Bird Photopolymer Stamp Set #141749
Ink: Emerald Envy Classic Stampin' Pad #141396
       Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad #141395
       Tuxedo Black Momento Ink #132708
       Whisper White#101731
Paper: Basic Black Cardstock #121045
           Emerald Envy Cardstock 141415
           Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock #141418
           Whisper White Cardstock #100730
2016-2018 In Color Enamel Shapes #141410
Pop of Pink Designer Washi Tape #141649


No comments:

Post a Comment