Translate

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Jingle Bells

Probably one of my favorite products in the Holiday catalog are the jingle bell accents.  I love them for a lot of things, but especially for use as holly berries.  With that in mind, I designed this card and used it for the November card class.  The jingle bells along with leaves punched out with the holly berry builder punch made perfect accents for the ornament on the card.

I originally stamped the ornament on plain whisper white cardstock, but it just looked like it needed something.  So, I found a piece of cardstock embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder and cut out a circle and embossed directly on that.  That added just the amount of that little something extra the ornament needed.  I would recommend planning ahead  and stamping on your cardstock before it is embossed.  That however, is not how I did it.  I think it still looks pretty good.  What do you think?

I also took the chance to play with the Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper to give the card another element of texture.
 I had so much fun creating this card.  When it came to the sentiment on the inside, I naturally fell back to my favorite stamp set out of this holiday catalog--The Star of Light.

Products needed to create this card:
Stamp sets: Stitched with Cheer Photopolymer Stamp Set #142182
                    Star of Light Photopolymer Stamp Set #142110
Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic Stamp Pad #126966
        Crushed Curry Classic Stamp Pad #131173
        Garden Green Classic Stamp Pad #126973
Paper: Garden Green Cardstock #102584
            Whisper White Cardstock #100730
            Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650
            Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper #142014
            This Christmas Designer Series Paper #141628
Holly Berry Builder Punch #141843
Mini Jingle Bells #142002
Big Shot #143263
Softly Falling Embossing Folder #139672
Ribbon (Whisper White or Very Vanilla)

No comments:

Post a Comment