Translate

Thursday, June 8, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 224--Complicated Anniversary Phase 2

Phase 1 addressing the loss and grief of this anniversary is over and it is time to focus on Phase 2.  Phase 2 addresses gratitude.  I am so thankful for all the love and support I've had through this.  There, of course, is my immediate thanks for those who helped with the immediate crisis which includes all medical staff, EMTs, strangers who stopped to help, friends and family who answered the call immediately.  It also includes those who have stood by my side and helped us adjust to this new normal and figuring out how to live life successfully with a wheelchair.  It includes all who have help me in any way make modifications to my home or theirs to increase independence and wheelchair accessibility.  It's a big thank you to those who continue to love me through all the changes in my life and have stuck with me even through the dark days.

It's to those who continue to make my world a brighter place and bring a smile to my face.  It's to those who help me in any little way just because that's the kind thing to do and the kind of person you are.  It's to all of you who have touched my life and made it just a bit better.  This thank you card is for all of you.

How does Stampin' Up fit into this story?  I thought my papercrafting days were over when the accident occurred.  What I have found instead, is that I am creating daily.  I am able to make the necessary adaptations to allow me to make cards almost every day.  For myself, very little adaptations needs to occur--Stampin' Up has amazing products that allow even me to create.  I am thrilled to help others make necessary adaptations to make this a part of their lives as well.   I have found that the more I use my brain to create, the more it has creative ideas.  The more practice my right hand has papercrafting, the more I am able to papercraft.  If you think there is something stopping you from being able to create beautiful, handmade cards, I am living proof that it can be done--all you need it a little creativity and the necessary adaptations.

To the demonstrators who have inspired me along the way, this card is for you.  It is for my Aim for Alaska family.  You always inspire me. It is also for all in the RAK group.  I have received several cards this week--they always bring a smile to my face.  It is also for my team leaders and team members.  I love how we support each other.    This card is also to my amazing customers and VIP group members.  You bring a smile to my face and I love any little moment I can bring a smile to yours.



This card was created using inspiration from the CAS(e) This Sketch #224 Challenge.  I wanted to try the Watercolor Smoosh technique Patty Bennett shared this week.  So, I chose to use Berry Burst and Powder Pink with Clear Block A to create a couple of the block images on the design.  It was so much fun.   I love the Glitter Enamel Dots and think they make perfect accents and center of the flower on this card.



Make sure you check out the design inspiration and other amazing entries at CAS(E) this Sketch! #224

To read the rest of the story about the Complicated Anniversary--Check it out here.


Products used to create this card:


2 comments: