Translate

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Video: 5th Thursday Technique

It's Thursday and time for another video. This Thursday happens to be the fifth Thursday of the month, so I get to pick which stamp set we get to play with today.  I've decided to use fifth Thursday videos to teach a technique.  Today we made a shaker card.

I learned a valuable lesson today.  It is vital to practice your technique before you film the video especially if there is an aspect of the technique you've never done before.  I didn't get to practice before it was time to go live so I just tried to figure things out live on video.  That did not end up working out so well, so I ended the first take, trashed the first card, and practiced.  Then, it was time for take 2.  (See above card to see final project)

If you really want to check out Take 1 and see what happens when I'm trying to work out a card live on video, you can watch it here.

To see Take 2, watch the video below.  This shows the technique after I've had time to practice and use both the grid paper and Stamp-a-ma-jig.  Check out the video to see how I made today's card.


I love the Cool Treats stamp set and the way you can easily add detail and shading to your images.


If you enjoy my posts, sign up by email so you don't miss any when I post.  Sign up for my newsletter, to receive updates on specials and upcoming events.   If you live in the USA, to shop for the products used to create this card or to join my team and become a GRRRace Inker, click on the buttons below.



Products used to create this card:
Tasty Treats DSP (Retired)
Watermelon Wonder Cardstock (Retired)
Sprinkles Embellisment (Retired)






>

No comments:

Post a Comment