Translate

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day to all those great dads out there.  Getting ready for Father's Day means being creative with some of the more masculine products and colors.  I was sad to see this stamp set retire, but sure glad I had purchased when it was still available.  I absolutely love how some of the new products were the prefect touch for this card.  The wood textures DSP always makes me think of my Dad and it was so hard to pick which one I was going to use.


















Probably my favorite part of creating this card was picking out which of the multitude of images that made up the letters, I was going to color.  I tried to pick things that sparked some memory in my brain.

I happened to run across a new challenge this week.  Well, it's not exactly new, but it is new to me.  I was thrilled that this challenge was the perfect them for my Father's Day card.
Be sure you head on over to TGIF Challenges to check out the inspiration from the design team and all the other creative entries.
This card was not the only preparation that happened around here today for Father's Day.  I was so excited that my June Paper Pumpkin kit arrived today so I could use it for the gift bag I needed for a Father's Day gift.  I think my favorite part of the pieces I used today was the watermelon tissue paper for the inside of the gift bag.  My son loves to create with my Stampin' Up products and he was so excited to create a donut card from the May Paper Pumpkin set.  If you would like to know how to have Paper Pumpkin showing up in your mailbox, let me know.  I'd be happy to help you subscribe.  My Paper Pumpkin customers have a private Facebook group as well where we can share alternate Paper Pumpkin ideas each month as well.


 Have a wonderful Father's Day to all the father's out there.  Don't forget to celebrate your father, son, husband, other special man in your life.



Products used to create these projects:
Urban District Stamp Set (Retired)
       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment