Translate

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Global Design Project 092| CASE the Designer

I spent a lot of time on Global Design Project this week.  In fact, I started this for last week since I planned to finish it in time to enter for # GDP091 since the theme was wheels.  Whenever I think of wheels, I automatically think of wheelchair and I wanted to create a wheelchair using the Stampin' Up products I had on hand.  But, last week, I had some physical health issues that made it impossible for my brain to focus on creating my card.  So, I didn't get it entered in time.  I was thrilled that I could made a few changes and create the wheelchair for this week's challenge.



I used the lemon slice from the Lemon Zest stamp set and embossed with silver embossing power to create the wheels.  The chair was made with the lawn chair thinlit from the Seasonal Layers thinlits with a solid cover glued onto the back with Basic Black cardstock.  I spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to make the front casters, before my husband helped me figure out that I could use stamps from the Swirly Bird stamp set to create the casters.  My chair does not have arm rests or foot plates, so I didn't put them on this chair either.  My chair happens to be dark purple, so I chose to use Elegant Eggplant for the background watercolor wash and frame of this chair as well.



When I was thinking about the sentiment for this card, I thought of my Ms. Wheelchair Kansas family and decided to use the sentiment, "you're fabulous."   This card will be perfect for any of my Ms. Wheelchair sisters.  Notice the crown on the inside--a special touch in honor of my Ms. Wheelchair Kansas family.



 Make sure you check out the inspiration created by the Global Design Project design team and the other great entries from Global Design Project 092 here.

Here is a picture of my inspiration for this card.  These women are so amazing, they all deserve a card that says, "You're Fabulous"   If you want to learn more about the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas program, click here.  If you want to learn about Ms. Wheelchair America, click here.
If you enjoy my posts, sign up by email so you don't miss any when I post.  Sign up for my newsletter, to receive updates on specials and upcoming events.   To shop for the products used to create this card or to join my team, click on the buttons below.

Products needed to create this card.


No comments:

Post a Comment