Translate

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Celebrating Summer



I had a great time yesterday designing this card and getting to play with the thought of a summer theme and use the Color Theory suite including the Memories & More kit.  But, I guess my organization, scheduling, and list making still leaves something to be desired.  I finished my card with plenty of time to enter it into the contest that inspired me, but I just didn't get it blogged on time.  Looks like I'll need to be investing in a planner to keep me more organized (oh wait!  I have one, I just need to do a better job writing things down).  Good thing Stampin' Up has one in their new annual catalog.   I plan to get it and start using it in correspondence with the beginning of the new school year.  Hard to believe that is less than a month away.
 My design idea for this card was a beach chair sitting in the sand by the edge of the water with a glass of lemonade sitting beside it.  Since we don't have oceans here in Kansas, I was working from photos and my imagination again.  I hope it gets the idea across in a sort of abstract way.  It looks to me like those waves are about to take out that beach chair at any moment.  What do you think?

To check the creative card entries from the artists that did get their entry in on time, check out Stampin Up Only 178

 If you enjoy my posts, sign up by email so you don't miss any when I post.  Sign up for my newsletter, to receive updates on specials and upcoming events.   If you live in the USA, to shop for products used to create this card or to join my team and become a GRRRace Inker, click on the buttons below.





Products needed to create this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment