Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Back to the Beginning--#GDP075

The Global Design Project 075 theme made me think about my very first projects as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator last summer.  So, I went on a trip down memory lane checking out the projects I made using the Papillon Potpourri stamp set.  I found this card and thought I'd share it with all of you.



This was my very first attempt creating  card using stamping and a card made using one of my favorite techniques.  I  used the 2016-2018  In Color Markers to create a multi-colored butterfly stamp.

Here is a pic of my first attempt at this card.

Then I created a  new card base from Early Espresso and used Soft Suede ink to stamp around the edges of the Crumbcake card front.  I tried to just move the banner, heart, and butterfly from one card to the other to save on Serene Scenery DSP.    The banner did rip a little so it ended up uneven, but I still liked the card and really had fun learning new techniques.  It was so much fun taking this photo trip down memory lane and seeing how my cards have grown and changed over the past few months.

I'm glad to be reminded how much I love learning and trying new techniques.  I love playing along with the weekly Global Design Project challenges.    To see the other cards in #GDP075, be sure you click here:  
Global Design Project

No comments:

Post a Comment