Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Bloomin' Hearts Card


  I now have a Big Shot of my own.  YAY!!!!!  I've actually had it for about 6 weeks or so.  It has been so much fun playing with it and getting to use it to create perfect circle and ovals as well as amazing perfect touches for my cards.  During the January class, we used it to create a card like the one above. 

I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Barbara Mullally.  I loved using the Bloomin' Heart Thinlit on the front of a gate fold card.  I'm really glad I also had the Precision Base Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush.  This is a very detailed and delicate thinlit.  Even using those, it still required the use of a paper piercer to push out all the cut away pieces to show the intricacy of the heart.   

It was fun to then  decorate the heart with cut out flowers in Very Vanilla and enamel dotes and pearls.   You can't see it in this picture, but we did stamp a sentiment in Basic Gray on the bottom panel.  I know this very card was used for very different occasions--Valentine's Day, birthday, and baby shower.  That's the great thing about hand made cards, they can be personalized for whatever you need and each one will be unique and special because they are all slightly different.

Products needed to create this card:
Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650
            Flirty Flamingo Cardstock #141416
Stamp:  Sealed with Love stamp set #142815
Ink: Basic Gray Archival Stampin Pa d#140932
        Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad  #141397
2016-2018 In Color Enamel Dots #141410
Pearl Basic Jewels #119247
Big Shot #143263
Bloomin' Heart Thinlits #140621

No comments:

Post a Comment