Translate

Monday, February 13, 2017

Color INKspiration

I have recently joined a challenge group on Facebook--Colour INKspiration Challenge. It has been so much fun to be challenged by color combinations as I am creating cards.  As I was reviewing my blog, I just noticed that I have only been submitting my cards for that group on their Facebook page and have not shared them on this blog.  Well, I am about to remedy that.  There have only been two challenges so far, so I'll put them on this post and then create individual posts in the future.

CI02 was a challenge of lots of bright colors: Blushing Bride, Mint Macaroon, So Saffron, Sweet Sugarplum, Tempting Turquoise, and Peekaboo Peach.  For this, the first challenge, we could pick any thee or more of the above colors.  I chose Sweet Sugarplum, Blushing Bride, and Peekaboo Peach.  I used the sketch from the Global Design Project of the week and tried to get this card finished in time to enter #GDP070 as well, but I missed the deadline for that challenge.  I did do a blog about this card and other baby cards inspired by that challenge.

Baby Cards Made Using GDP 070
 
CI03 was for the colors Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky, Mint Macaroon, Whisper White, and Garden Green.  I did not have any Mint Macaroon so I was given permission to substitute Pear Pizazz.  I really struggled with this color challenge since I kept thinking it would be best used creating a beautiful, floral picture.  But, I did not have any stamps at that time that matched the picture in my head.  And, I only had ink in Garden Green and Whisper White anyway.  So, I did what I think we all do at least once in our card making lives and I turned to Pinterest for inspiration.  With the paper I had in the challenge colors and inspiration from Pinterest, here is the card I created.





Once the card was created, I knew it needed the frog "thinking of you" stamped on the inside, but it was in a box on its was from Stampin' Up so I just had to wait somewhat patiently until it arrived and I could finish the card.  I think it needed that frog on the inside to give it just the special touch it was missing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment