Translate

Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy Presidents Day!



It is President's Day in the United States.  I thought I would make a patriotic card in celebration today.    This is what I came up with.  I love the Birthday Blast bundle and the way the stars just pop out of the card and add dimension. You can't really tell in the photo, but I was attempting to create the look of fireworks in the background by embossing splashes from the Work of Art series with gold embossing powder.
I even put some red, white, and blue stars on the inside of the card to continue the patriotic feel.















If you'd like to add a sentiment to the card, I found that on one of the white stripes at the bottom of the card is a perfect place for whichever sentiment you need.



Products needed to create this card:
Paper:  Whisper White Cardstock #100730
            Real Red Cardstock #102482
            Pacific Point Cardstock #111350
Stamps: Birthday Blast #142866
              Work of Art #134114
Ink: Real Red Classic Stamp Pad  #126949
        Pacific Point Classic Stamp Pad #126951
        Versamark Ink #102283
Gold Emboss Powder #109129
Star Light Edgelets Die #142763

Here is an example with the embossing on the inside instead of the outside.  Which do you like better?







No comments:

Post a Comment