Translate

Friday, February 17, 2017

Global Design Project 074| Sketch Challenge

Global Design Project 074 is another sketch challenge.  I've played along enough now to know that the sketch challenge is my favorite of the Global Design Project challenges.  So, I am always excited when this challenge rolls around. 

I love the soft colors of the Falling in Love DSP as well as the Easter message stamp set.  I had so much fun making a card to celebrate Easter.  I just learned today how to only cut part of a Thinlit with the BigShot, so I could use the the Tags and Labels Thinlits to make the tag as long as I needed it for this project.  The length of the tag was the one thing preventing me from finishing this project earlier in the week.  I just didn't know how to make a tag long enough for the stamp I planned to use.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect to learn how to make tags of any length.

I added the color to the cross stamp with watercolor pencil and blender pens and the added the purples to the draped cloth with Aquapainters.  I think there must be something to the idea that coloring is therapeutic for all ages.  I am loving using the different tools available through Stampin' Up to add a personal touch to my cards as well as some therapy time for myself. 



 

Products used to create this card:
Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650
            Falling in Love DSP #142788
           Soft Sky Cardstock #131203
Stamps: Easter Message #142987
Ink: Soft Suede Classic Stamp Pad #126978
        Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pad #126963
Watercolor Pencils #141709
Blender Pens #102845
Aquapainters #103954
Gold Metallic Ribbon (Sale-a-bration)

To check out the other #GDP074 entries and the examples created by the design team, click here:
Global Design Project

No comments:

Post a Comment