Translate

Saturday, March 25, 2017

March Card Class--Sale-a-bration Items

Tonight was my final class before Sale-a-bration ends and we got to play with Sale-a bration items.  I am always so impressed with every one's creativity at class; I always wish I could remember to take pics of all the cards.  I love how everyone interprets the same design a little differently and leave class with individual and equally beautiful cards.  However, I can't ever remember to take photos, so you just get to look at mine.

This design was inspired by Cynthia Millan's entry on the Thailand Achievers Blog Hop.  I decided on Sweet Sugarplum since it was the only color I had enough cardstock for class and the matching ink color.  We had so much fun using an embossing folder with the Big shot as well as the heat gun and embossing powder and the emboss resist sponging technique.


















Products needed to create this card:
Paper: Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock
           Whisper White Cardstock
Stamps: Avent Garden Sale-a-bration
Ink: Sweet Sugarplum
        Versamark
Heat Gun
Emboss Buddy
White Stampin Emboss Powder
Sponge Dauber


The next project was choosing a piece of In Between the Lines DSP for the front of a card and color in as much of it as you want.  You can choose to draw attention to any part of the design or choose to leave it all uncolored for the recipient to color in themselves.  We got to play with markers, watercolor pencils, and blender pens.




Products needed to create this card:
Paper: Cardstock in your choice of colors
            In Between the Lines (Sale-a-bration)
Markers in your choice of colors
Thinlits in shape of your choice
Big shot
Watercolor Pencils
Blender Pens

For our new technique card of the night, we got to try the Marbling technique together.  I had first tried it at home using my favorite cool colors: Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, and Garden Green.  After a couple of tries, I decided those colors were a bit too dark for what I had in mind.



So I switched to different colors: Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, and Sweet Sugarplum.  I love those colors together I made 11 cards with them and then decided those were the colors I would be using for class.  I also decided these would be my customer cards for the month unless you were at class tonight and made one for yourself. 

Which color combo do you like better?



Products needed to create this card:
Paper: I used Shimmery White Cardstock--any white cardstock will do
           Coordinating card base to ink colors used
Stamp Set: So Much (Sale-a-bration)
Ink: Black or Grey for sentiment
        Refill colors of your choice for marbling
Shaving Cream

Are there any stamp sets or other products you would like to play with at a card class sometime? 
To purchase products to create these cards, click on individual products above OR click here to shop in my store.


No comments:

Post a Comment