Translate

Monday, March 20, 2017

Why I stamp


I had the amazing opportunity this weekend to share my latest adventure with some of my favorite people  This weekend was the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2017 weekend.  Part of our weekend experience has been something creative followed by a volunteer experience.  This year, we combined both with a card making experience.

Rather than have a class like I normally do where each participant gets the supplies needed to make pre-selected card designs, we decided as the Ms. Wheelchair Steering Committee to allow for a little more individual creativity.

I provided card fronts and insides already cut out and ready to be stamped on in either Very Vanilla, Whisper White, or In Between the Lines DSP.  I had cut cardstock in the right size for card bases in every color of the rainbow (plus a few colors not in the rainbow.)  Does anyone have suggestions for the best paper trimmer to cut multiple pieces of paper at once?  I brought all my ink color and stamp sets currently available in Stampin' Up catalogs. My team leader, Daveda, brought supplies I did not have and came to help this amazing group of women/girls stretch their creativity.  My mom came to help out as well.  Thanks ladies!!

I had just learned about an amazing opportunity here in Kansas to use our creativity for good.  Grace Card Ministry in Overbrook, Kansas collects homemade cards to send to those who need a little happy mail.  Those of us involved with the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and Little Miss Wheelchair Kansas family were so happy to make cards to share not only with our loved ones and each other, but also with complete strangers who need to receive a smile in the mail.

To read more about Grace Card Ministries, check them out here
http://inkitupwithjessica.com/grace-card-ministry/

To learn more about the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas program check them out here:
www.mswheelchairkansas.org
OR check out the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and Little Miss Wheelchair Kansas Facebook pages
https://www.facebook.com/mswheelchairkansas/
https://www.facebook.com/littlemisswheelchairkansas/


If you would like to make some cards of your own, please shop for products in my store  here.  https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2169750


No comments:

Post a Comment