Translate

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Global Design Project 087|Theme Challenge


This week at Global Design Project is a theme challenge.  We were challenged to create a card with a theme of cooking, baking, and making.  I started this challenge the same way I begin all challenges--taking inventory of what I have that fits the challenge.  I settle on the Sprinkles of Life stamp set.  I love using the great sentiment in that set about the cupcakes: "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cupcakes and that's kind of the same thing."  I personally don't even like cupcakes, but I do love that sentiment and I love to look at all the creative cupcakes out there.  I even like to watch Cupcake Wars.



I wanted to use the marbling technique for this card, but I only wanted to use a strip of the marbled paper.  So, I used a larger piece of whisper white and marbled the entire thing and then got to choose the 4.25" x 1.5" piece that I thought would look best on this card.  I used the same ink colors for the sprinkles on the cupcake that I used for the marbling to tie them together.  I also gold embossed the cupcake paper as well as the sentiment to add just a touch of sparkle and help tie all the elements together.
I was glad I had some of the marble paper left over to use on the inside of the card.

Make sure you check out all the other great projects at Global Design Project.  Be sure to see the great inspiration cards created by the design team as well as all the other great entries.   To see them, head over to #GDP087 now.

Here's a great video from Stampin' Up if you want to learn more about the marbling technique.







1 comment:

  1. The marbling on your project looks like the frosting/icing that would go on top of a cupcake! A wonderful technique, Angel and wonderful Theme Challenge project. Thankyou for playing along with this weeks GDP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete