Translate

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

My organized Stamping Space

I am soooo excited to be showing pictures of my new stamping space.  No, I do not have a craft room, but I do have a new desk area and a new rolling cart that help round out my organizational needs at this point.

I have been wanting an antique secretary style desk since I first discovered one at the home of my very first piano teacher.  I found one on one of the Buy, Sell, Trade Facebook sites in my local area and just knew it was the perfect touch for my stamping corner.  My husband tells me it's not officially a secretary desk; He thinks it's a repurposed antique refrigerator.  But, it didn't matter to me.  I had this desk all filled up in my mind even before it got into the room.  The room I use for my Stampin' Up business is also our classroom.  My children attend an online school and there are now three desks lined up in a row so we can all get our work done.
With desktop closed (left) and opened up and ready for creating (right)




Here's a peek inside my desk
Of course, having a desk I love to create at doesn't help me store all my supplies.  I have two sets of drawers that I have been using since I began my adventure as a Stampin' UP Demonstrator.  The set of three red drawers holds 12x12 paper without having to chop it.  :)  Although my paper trimmers are on top of the clear drawers always at the ready if they are needed.  I also having an amazing craft light with magnifying glass if needed.  I don't know if you can see them, but this picture also shows a toolbox I use to store some of my supplies as well as the stand where I set my laptop when I am filming videos.
Here is the exciting piece of furniture I have been waiting to pick up so I could finish my space.  Family Christian Book Stores are going out of business and they were not only selling all their inventory, they were also selling much of their furniture, displays, and other items.  Funny enough, they wanted to keep the displays and furniture in the store until its last weekend.  I guess they thought they were going to need to use them or something.  :)  But, this weekend we picked up my new rolling cart and I couldn't wait to get my supplies on it.  I also purchased four of their plastic dividers and am using them to separate my paper from the four color families: Brights, Subtles, Neutrals, and Regals.  My In-Color sets are stored in one of my clear plastic drawers.  I love having instant visual confirmation of what colors I have and what I need.  I was also able to add my stamp sets along with my BigShot and punch boards.  I loved using a couple of the the tins which were available during Sale-a-bration to organize my embossing folders, thinlits, framelits, and edgelit.   I have always been thrilled with organization and having things in alphabetical or color order.  So, I am absolutely thrilled with this new set-up.  Many people say a messy desk is the sign of genius.  I'm hoping I'm the opposite, since I can't think with a messy space.  My creativity flows much more freely when things are organized. 

As much as I would love a whole room or she-shed dedicated to my stamping business, this goes to show that you can fit it into one corner or a room.  I know you don't all have classrooms in your home, but you can probably carve out one corner in which to keep your stamping supplies. 




 Make sure you shop in my store here.  If you have any questions about any of the products seen or any other Stampin' Up questions, let me know, either here or at angelstamps.stampinup.net







No comments:

Post a Comment